Saturday, November 10, 2007

Puttering At Home

It was a rare Friday night that I spent in at home. I usually go out *somewhere* on Friday evenings, be it shopping, to the cigar club, or out to eat. I felt like staying home, so I did. I work nights, so usually I get out of work on Friday morning, and go to bed at about 10:00am, and nap until 5 or 6. Not this week. I couldn't sleep, so I went shopping for some stuff. I picked up some dinner, and a new coffee grinder. I also bought 3 lb of gourmet coffee. I had to feed my sweet tooth, so I got some chocolate and 1/2 dozen donuts from DD. I picked up some new candle holders and candles. I am up to 8 holders with large candles, which is sufficient to well light my play room.

The play room is very nice. My apartment is very small, so the kitchen is right around the corner from it. This is good for easy snack and coffee or other beverage retrieval. It has good ventilation by way of several windows. This is important because I smoke cigarettes and the occasional cigar. I have a 37" LCD plasma TV with a DVD player attached to it. My laptop serves as the music system, and it is hooked up to a rather good sounding JBL sat-sub speaker system. I own 2 guitars for now, a Fender Strat and a no name acoustic. I plan to buy more as finances permit. I used to own a Les Paul standard, but like an idiot I sold it years ago.

My friend from work hooked me up with 2 really nice cigars on Friday, a large black triple maduro stick, only identified by the word 'Camacho' and a La Flor double maduro, which I am familiar with, but have never smoked. I enjoyed the Camacho cigar last night, it was really good, about a 3 hour smoke. Played a lot of guitar, and cooked dinner. I had ham and scalloped potatoes. Went to bed at 3am. I am off to my mother's house today, and I will spend the day and night there, back to work on Sunday night.

No comments: