Friday, November 9, 2007

Are You Ready For Some Football?!?

Where I work during football season is kind of like Las Vegas. There are tons of pools going, and lots of people willing to make personal wagers on games, sometimes with points, most of the time it is pick the winner. I am ahead with my bets, and I have won the pool I am in once this year out of 9 people.

Let's go. Off this week are New England, the Jets, Tampa Bay, and Houston. My personal bets for the week are; $10 wager on Minn vs. Green Bay at Lambeau field. I have Minnesota. Atlanta vs. Carolina, I have 2 $5 bets with different people, both I am betting Carolina to win against the hapless Falcons. Buffalo vs. Miami, I am betting $5 on Miami to win. Hey, they have to win at least *one* game... Lastly, I am picking the Giants to beat Dallas for $5.

Now for this weeks games in the pool, and my choices:

1. Buffalo vs. Miami. I am picking Buffalo, my other bet notwithstanding. $90 bucks at stake.
2. New Orleans vs. St.L Rams. Please. New Orleans is a lock.
3. Philadelphia vs. Washington. Skins have a good 'D' but no offense. Philly wins.
4. Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh. Big rivalery here, but Pitt has what it takes.
5. Atlanta vs. Carolina. Atlanta is a cellar dweller along with the Jets, Miami, and the Rams. Carolina takes it.
6. Denver vs. Kansas City. KC almost never loses at Arrowhead, and they won't this week.
7. Minnesota vs. Green Bay. I am calling an upset here, Minnesota wins it.
8. Jacksonville vs. Tennesee. Pretty evenly matched teams, Tenn at home wins.
9. Cincinatti vs. Baltimore. Ravens got treated like a bitch last week, and they are in for some more abuse at the hands of the Bengals. Yes, I hate the Ravens.
10. Detroit vs. Arizona. A no brainer. Detroit wins this one.
11. Dallas vs. NY Giants. Flip a coin. I picked Dallas, just because everyone else picked NY.
12. Chicago vs. Oakland. Go Raiders.
13. Indianapolis vs. San Diego. We had one crack addict who picked SD to win this game. There is only one team who can beat the Colts, and they get some rest this week...Colts. Big.
Monday Night Football. 49ers vs. Seattle. Seattle wins this one.

There you have it. Long view, Patriots will have an un-defeated season and win the Super Bowl. The Miami Dolphins will win one game, and the Rams will go winless this season.

No comments: